HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Hai

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Posts : 205
Join date : 2008-11-23
Age : 30
Location : Arkansas

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:37 pm

2 ret buffs.

thoughts?

Personally I think the Glyph of Seal of Blood change is AMAZING, except that it is now mandatory really. With exorcism and its glyph changes, we have some pretty picky choices to make, which isn't really a bad thing.

also, Divine Storm buff, JotW buff, and a slight one to R Veng and the blatant overpowered testing they're trying with CS which means as GC said, they plan to do more with it in the future so its not bland once again.

Good things coming for us, I think. Wanna know for sure what Bill thinks since he's a ret main now, and the rest of you in general. Too much, just right?

I think its pretty spot on. I think it gives us a lot more breathing room for mana especially with the loss of SA, which we needed. It was a pretty tight fit for anything that didn't involve an intellect buff. (Which was almost all of our progression before sayier hit 80 or norris rerolled mage.) In PvP its rare that mana has been our limiting factor at least in season 5, so I don't see where it really matters on that end. The addition of exorcism with more mana breathing room and the DS buff will probably put or damage where it should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alveia
Moderator
Moderator
Alveia

Posts : 308
Join date : 2008-11-23

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:03 pm

Too busy whining about the AMS change right now. But seriously I don't know if it's too much or just right, no idea what kind of dmg Ret is doing on the PTR. Blizz said it was too low, so this should fix that. The SoB glyph is nice though, but Ret will still need more than that to balance their mana.

You used to get 10% of dmg you take back as mana, now you only get 10% of your SoB damage back as mana.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Posts : 205
Join date : 2008-11-23
Age : 30
Location : Arkansas

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Alveia wrote:
Too busy whining about the AMS change right now. But seriously I don't know if it's too much or just right, no idea what kind of dmg Ret is doing on the PTR. Blizz said it was too low, so this should fix that. The SoB glyph is nice though, but Ret will still need more than that to balance their mana.

You used to get 10% of dmg you take back as mana, now you only get 10% of your SoB damage back as mana.

but JotW was also bumped up from 15 to 25%, which makes up a big portion of that gap as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cnorris
Moderator
Moderator
Cnorris

Posts : 149
Join date : 2008-11-28
Age : 29
Location : Billings, MT

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:53 pm

Quote :

but JotW was also bumped up from 15 to 25%, which makes up a big portion of that gap as well.

I love JotW!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alveia
Moderator
Moderator
Alveia

Posts : 308
Join date : 2008-11-23

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:46 pm

Duali wrote:
Alveia wrote:
Too busy whining about the AMS change right now. But seriously I don't know if it's too much or just right, no idea what kind of dmg Ret is doing on the PTR. Blizz said it was too low, so this should fix that. The SoB glyph is nice though, but Ret will still need more than that to balance their mana.

You used to get 10% of dmg you take back as mana, now you only get 10% of your SoB damage back as mana.

but JotW was also bumped up from 15 to 25%, which makes up a big portion of that gap as well.

Ah, I missed that part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Posts : 205
Join date : 2008-11-23
Age : 30
Location : Arkansas

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:08 am

Cnorris wrote:
Quote :

but JotW was also bumped up from 15 to 25%, which makes up a big portion of that gap as well.

I love JotW!!

only because JotW is the same talent that gives replentishment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruyo
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Ruyo

Posts : 138
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 29

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:05 am

I'll save all my comments till after I play with it and see how it compares. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cnorris
Moderator
Moderator
Cnorris

Posts : 149
Join date : 2008-11-28
Age : 29
Location : Billings, MT

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Ruyo wrote:
I'll save all my comments till after I play with it and see how it compares. Very Happy

Bill you should see your damage go up quite a bit with this build. Nick was doing 4k on our 5-6mans
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Posts : 205
Join date : 2008-11-23
Age : 30
Location : Arkansas

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:47 pm

Major buff for us Bill, I've played it on the PTR.

Our raw dps, utility, and PvP are all getting substantial buffs.

The ability for us to spec into the prot 11 pointer and its improved form just by skipping out on Command is great, since Holy doesn't really offer anything and even if I feel its zomg situational, at least the prot talent offers SOME use. In PvP you can easily pick it up just with the way ret specs I'm pretty sure. PvP got another huge buff in exorcism being all targets, the buff to divine storm, and sacred shield now scales with Sheath of Light.

The sheath of light change rocks for pve too because ryan pointed out something I hadn't thought of, we can now run a valid non-shitty sacred shield on one of our tanks which will stack with phil's bubble to the best of my knowledge.

I wish I had left the WWS we did of the patchwerk test dummy open, but I didn't and now I don't have the link, but to say the the least, the PTR looks great for us.

the JotW buff and Glyph of Seal of Blood make our mana balance amazing. It's still tight and requires good use of divine plea, but its not so tight that you're praying for divine plea to be up ahead of time because you're mana starved like the current patchwerk is, at least for me. It was really good throughout our sarth run too. Running with the int buff from either norris or sayier gives it even more leeway.

The new change to put it so SoB got a buff and JoB got knocked down a bit, to cut down our backlash but keep our dmg up, also makes haste a far better stat for us now that it was and Windfury is again probably going to be the single best buff in the game for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vicious Black
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Vicious Black

Posts : 45
Join date : 2008-11-26
Age : 31

Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:50 pm

Installing the PTR, I want to see what loldmg I do as fury now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hai   Hai Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Hai
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Have a Tabard :: Public Forums :: General Chat-
Jump to: