We Have a Tabard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blizz copyrights Cataclysm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Blizz copyrights Cataclysm Empty
PostSubject: Blizz copyrights Cataclysm   Blizz copyrights Cataclysm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Someone care to explain to me how in the fuck you get away with copyrighting a WORD?
Back to top Go down
Sayier
Nobility
Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Blizz copyrights Cataclysm   Blizz copyrights Cataclysm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:40 pm

All I can think of right now is how in the Yu-Gi-Oh card game all the "magic cards" had to be changed to "spell cards" because Magic the Gathering got on there case. Also, Blizzard is all powerful so that helps them copyright a word.
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

PostSubject: Re: Blizz copyrights Cataclysm   Blizz copyrights Cataclysm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:15 pm

I played YGO cards, it was good times.
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

PostSubject: Re: Blizz copyrights Cataclysm   Blizz copyrights Cataclysm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:07 pm

Also it's just like when they copyrighted Wrath of the Lich King, or World of Warcraft.
Back to top Go down
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

PostSubject: Re: Blizz copyrights Cataclysm   Blizz copyrights Cataclysm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Alveia wrote:
Also it's just like when they copyrighted Wrath of the Lich King, or World of Warcraft.

Well I can understand copyrighting an entire phrase, but Cataclysm is one word, so I don't see how you can copyright a single word. I guess I can see putting claims on it as it pertains to your products and its use/in reference to them, but the way I'm thinking is like no other video game could call a cataclysm a cataclysm anymore because blizz copyrighted a word o.O

I'm not that familiar with how copyright laws work which is why I'm very much like "uhm...what the hell?" about it.
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

PostSubject: Re: Blizz copyrights Cataclysm   Blizz copyrights Cataclysm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Nah it doesn't really work like that, just used in that sense, and for website and title naming purposes, that kind of thing.

The most retarded thing I've seen is when Donald Trump copyrighted "You're Fired."
Back to top Go down
Sayier
Nobility
Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Blizz copyrights Cataclysm   Blizz copyrights Cataclysm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:23 pm

I was reading a threat somewhere yesterday and apparently for BC Blizz trademarked Crusade and for WotLK they trademarked Wrath. So there may be more to the title then just Cataclysm, I think it's meant to be more of a filler spot until they can say more about the project they are trademarking/copyrighting whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blizz copyrights Cataclysm   Blizz copyrights Cataclysm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blizz copyrights Cataclysm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Have a Tabard :: Public Forums :: General Chat-
Jump to: