We Have a Tabard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Bill

Go down 
+6
Duali
Cnorris
Tyki
Ruyo
triviate
Alveia
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alveia
Alveia

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:48 pm

For those who don't know, Bill was in a pretty bad car accident recently, which is why he hasn't been in touch with us. Just thought I'd make this to inform those who were unaware, and wish him a safe recovery.

We love you Bill, hang in there, hope to hear from you soon.
Back to top Go down
triviate
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
triviate

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Get well soon Bill!!!
Back to top Go down
Ruyo
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Ruyo

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:06 pm

good news I'm alive and I have lots to share
Back to top Go down
Tyki
Tyki

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Ruyo wrote:
good news I'm alive and I have lots to share
BILLL!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/pstunner
Ruyo
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Ruyo

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:06 pm

glad to know I was missed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
triviate
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
triviate

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:04 am

glad to hear you're alive! <3
Back to top Go down
Cnorris
Cnorris

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:58 am

Woo Bill!
Back to top Go down
Ruyo
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Ruyo

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:56 am

so I was in a wreck and I didn't have a seat belt on and I was thrown to the passenger floor i didn't get any cut or bruises though from the wreck I was then in a coma for 10 days I couldn't breath on my own and I couldn't eat on my own I got tubes put into my stomach and throat which they took out no very long ago any they left holes the hole in my throat looks crazy hard core I didn't start remembering things until about a week ago. I have a scar on my stomach because when I was in the coma I ripped a tube out the was directly connected to my stomach and they had to cut me open and clean my inside up.

ok, so any questions
Back to top Go down
Ruyo
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Ruyo

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:58 am

oh yeah one of my lungs collapsed after the wreck too, but it fixed itself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:22 am

Actually you did the feeding tube after they moved you out of Little Rock and you had waken up a few times. You scared the living shit out of Thomas when you did it too.

They did put you in 4 point restraints with gloves and socks on though to try to prevent you from pulling stuff out during your sleep. They kept you sedated most of the time you were in Little Rock, at the ER they said you were trying to wake up actually.

I'm not sure why they gave you the Trache tube. It helped you talk but I think with a few days of therapy like you had, you would've been talking fine again soon enough without it, and it seemed to really exhaust you having to fight through that thing in order to talk when we were there.

You also had a small army of people at UAMS. We seriously had in the neighborhood of 20+ people just at the ER the night it happened.

I thought your brother was going to tear our house down when he got called. Luckily all I had to do was clean up some blood on the wall where he punched it.
Back to top Go down
Melstrom
Melstrom

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Glad to hear you are getting better, miss you around here dude...
Back to top Go down
Sayier
Nobility
Nobility

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Damn sounds like you got torn up pretty good by everything but the crash, it's good to hear your doing well now at least.
Back to top Go down
Ruyo
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Ruyo

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:19 pm

yeah I'm back home right now so I don't have my comp with WoW on it or else I'd get on there with you all.
Back to top Go down
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Ruyo wrote:
yeah I'm back home right now so I don't have my comp with WoW on it or else I'd get on there with you all.

Well if the PTR is any sign of things to come, you're not missing a lot right now, it seems they're murdering Ret because of PvP. (I don't quite get how our burst potential is too high when our dps is low in 3.1 according to Blizz, and we're behind Mages, Rogues, and possibly DKs - gear depending - for burst, but thats Blizz for you.)

On the plus side, since we're probably gonna be in a rough spot for the first few weeks of 3.2, when they get it all lined out we should be in a really good place for Icecrown Citadel...

If only I could find a job so I could play again...even better would be a job where I could raid on the weekends, but beggars can't be choosers >.>
Back to top Go down
Aestra

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:39 pm

Duali wrote:
Ruyo wrote:

Well if the PTR is any sign of things to come, you're not missing a lot right now, it seems they're murdering Ret because of PvP. (I don't quite get how our burst potential is too high when our dps is low in 3.1 according to Blizz, and we're behind Mages, Rogues, and possibly DKs - gear depending - for burst, but thats Blizz for you.)

On the plus side, since we're probably gonna be in a rough spot for the first few weeks of 3.2, when they get it all lined out we should be in a really good place for Icecrown Citadel...

If only I could find a job so I could play again...even better would be a job where I could raid on the weekends, but beggars can't be choosers >.>

The problem with ret burst is that it's 'front-loaded,' which means it's there anytime. Rogues inparticular have to build up to their burst. I can't just magic up a 5 point eviscerate on a target Wink
Back to top Go down
Tyki
Tyki

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:49 am

Actually ret dps is getting a buff, it's just multi-target with a bunch of switching where its taking a hit.
And yeah! Go get a job so you can come back ya bastard.

Oh, how are you liking Rurouni Kenshin so far?
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/pstunner
Alveia
Alveia

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:58 am

And DK burst did get nerfed, lots.

Oh and, it's great to hear from you Bill!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Big reply about the game in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

As for Kenshin I like it well enough, I've watched most of it before, up to where I watched this time, but I've never finished it because the last 1/3 is filler. Thats why I never marked it as completed on MAL and moved it to oh-hold when i finished the real story from the manga again. I think it's a pretty funny show and I like the way they portray the changing culture in Japan at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sayier
Nobility
Nobility

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:39 pm

I have seen some people say that this might be a buff of say 200 DPS on a boss where you're given the time to get stacks up. However, as Nick listed bosses where your given time to get stacks up is pretty limited and in Ulduar more so, I haven't played on PTR so I don't know how long it is to actually get full stacks up but Ignis, Kologran maybe (you would have to be careful but you could probably switch between the right arm and the body and keep stacks up), and most of Vezax (screwed once the animus comes out) are the only bosses that I would think this would come out being an overall buff. I know my gear is absolute shit but I can tell ret needs a bit of buffs, or at least something so my fail macro doesn't end up doing just about equal DPS. For Bill and Nick that macro consisted of something like:
/startattack
/castrandom *insertallretattacks*
It certainly wasn't playing optimally (I noticed crusader's strike off CD a lot) but when I used it the first time I still pulled fourth on the DPS chart for P1 Mim in my nub gear.

Oh ya this topic is about Bill...I hope you can visit us on WoW soon.!

EDIT: IWIN macro:
/startattack
/stopcasting
/castrandom Judgement of wisdom, Hammer of Wrath, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Exorcism, Consecration

Last edited by Sayier on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruyo
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Ruyo

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:05 pm

haha hopefully soon
Back to top Go down
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 pm

I never used attack sequence macros.

also have you tested that macro to see if it resets your swing timer when you use it? I would imagine not, but I'd check it to be sure.

I always did a priority system if multiple items were off CD and otherwise FCFS.
Judgment of X > CS > DS > Conc > Exo generally. Especially fights with add phases. Overall, Conc usually came up to as much or more of my dps than Exo did. With Exo being changed to only be useful post AoW procs, this is even more the case.

With the change to CS, for 3.2 I'd still use that system but switch CS and Judgment, since CS will be faster for one and and Judgment isn't going to be as big of a hitter as before.

I also prioritized Hammer of Wrath over Judgment below 20% because it has a shorter cooldown and hits as hard or harder (or did for me), so hitting it then judgment meant less time until my next one. It clashed with CS a lot though so CS was on CD for an extra GCD a lot, but that GCD was generally a spare in my rotation before DS came back off CD anyways, so it wasn't a loss as long as I kept my rotation tight.

Sayier, if you get to test on the PTR find out how mana holds up without the SoB glyph. It should be fine, SoB was mostly cushion room. I know people said it was bad when CS was dropped to 4s but the mana stayed the same but when they adjusted the mana cost I haven't heard complains since then.

But yeah I'm not a fan of macros personally, especially in movement fights. A lot of times in 3D for instance I'd have to move a few feet and couldn't CS, but I could still hit it with Judgment or DS if they were up, but if CS is priority over DS in your macro it'll keep trying to trigger it most likely and fail because of range, but manually you can trigger it and get that hit in.'

As a ranged I would probably feel a lot better about them, but I never used them when I healed either so who knows, maybe I just like to do everything the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:52 am

You know that the macro was a joke, right? lol
Back to top Go down
Sayier
Nobility
Nobility

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 am

As much as mine was a joke it's sad to think people actually use macros like that to get by.
Back to top Go down
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:38 pm

I had hoped it was, but just in case I decided the wall of text crit was in order. Since not only was it his alt but alt's offspec I believe (isn't prot your main pally spec?), it was questionable >.>

And yes, it is sad that some people do basically use that.
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Pally isn't his alt anymore, not since we ran out of paladins. He's my co-tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Bill   For Bill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Bill
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next