Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ruyo
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Ruyo

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Well I was watching some amvs that my friend made, he is really good, and saw a video for the anime Vampire Knight has anyone heard of it? Also feel free to post other animes that you don't think people have heard of or that aren't "main stream"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyki
Tyki

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:03 am

Fuck Vampire Knight! Had to bring that up did you Mad. Just watched the last episode of Vampire Knight Guilty two days ago, totally ruined the series. Other then the terrible last episode it was pretty decent, just avoid VK forums like your life depends on it and you will be ok. Zero is a badass.

Hmm, good stuff that a lot of you guys haven't heard about eh. I apologize in advance for mistakes or senseless babbling, so tired.Sleep (Titles are links for more information)

Monster - Definitely the best police, mystery, thriller. It's brilliant from start to finish.
Darker than Black - Really good sci-fi, action, supernatural. This anime also has Pizza hut advertisements so you know it's got to be good.
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni - Amazing psychological, mystery series, perfect if you are looking for a good mf.
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - A lot of you are probably likw wtf Gundam but no, stfu, Gundam 00 is amazing.
Casshern Sins *Currently listening to the Casshern Sins op* One of the currently airing series, really good Sci-fi and story. Has some of the best animation i've ever seen.
Azumanga Daioh - This is great, even better slice of life, school, comedy then Luck Star!
Clannad - Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. You will cry, you will laugh, you will cry while laughing. This is the most heart warming thing I have ever seen, period. Animation, music, characters, story, everything is just perfect. Second season is currently airing and it is just as good.
Soul Eater - Probably the best shounen currently airing, sure beats the hell out of Bleach and Naruto. Really good.
Toradora - Great comedy current airing. Main character is one of the 4 big loli tsunderes voiced by the same person, and imo the best of the 4 for sure.
Skip Beat! - Hilarious. One of the funniest animes that I have ever seen, still airing and looking very promising with the story. Shoujo romance comedy ftmfw! (Pic in my sig is from Skpi Beat!)
Ouran High School Host Club - One of the best comedies i've seen. If you don't fall in love with Tamakis character then you aren't human.
Great Teacher Onizuka - Funniest anime i've seen. It's just so good.
Code Geass - A anime like Death note and Monster but with some mecha and a little bit of fan service. Lelouch is just too good a character. Watching this anime sent chills down my spine from time to time from the intensity (Not quite as much as Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai which sent a chill down my spine at least once per episode it was so fucking amazing)
Nodame Cantabile - Loved the music, interactions between Nodame and Chiaki will make you burst out with laughter. One of the better animes out there.

Been at this for a while, taking a break for now, urge to read manga rising. All the anime that I have seen Feel free to browse through this for ideas and whatnot.

Asharos
Commoner
Commoner
Asharos

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Agree   New Animes? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Of those I've seen: Monster, GTO (Great Teacher onizuka holy fuck funny), and thats it =( but both very good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:18 am

My list of favorites goes something like this, in no particular order...

Cowboy Bebop - truly its own genre, and completely awesome for it.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - profound, epic, and one of those shows that will leave you with enough different view points, questions, and insight about humanity to keep you thinking for weeks. Also an amazing refreshing to make you appreciate how much you grow as a person through adolescence.
Trigun - Everyone's seen it, but whats wrong with watching it again. It's just that funny.
Avatar - Somehow, for such a simple show, it touched me and reminded me of what it felt like to be innocent.
GunxSword - Just finished this one earlier and well, epic mech battles, comedy throughout, interesting cast, good story, but nothing too deep. Great for entertainment values. One of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
8th MS Team - My contribution to the Gundam. Probably the only one I can remember being a big fan of besides maybe Char's Counterattack movie from the original gundam series, that I've watched at least...quite a few gundam series that I haven't...

I would put FMA on this list, but well, the last episode just completely neutered the whole fucking show for me. Then the movie beat a dead horse...up to that point it's pretty epic though.

Receiving honorable mention is Blood Trinity because it's epic but there's not nearly enough of it...

On my soon to be watched list:

Death Note, which I meant to watch ages ago
that mindfuck one Phil posted which has such a fucked up name I'll never get it right without copy and paste.
Gungrave, just because I haven't seen it and we have it around here somewhere.
and maybe Code Geass eventually...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyki
Tyki

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:14 am

Trinity Blood you damn noob. I've seen a few episodes of GunxSword, thought it was pretty good, will probably finish it one day.

It's Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni! Watch it and love it. Gungrave was epic win, it's like the modern day Berserk and you know how fucking amazing Berserk is.

After looking through your favourites the ones I think you might like are -

Hellsing Ultimate
Black Lagoon Season 1 and 2. Wtb the 3rd noaw plz.
Blood+
Darker Than Black
Devil May Cry
Elfen Lied
Ergo Proxy
Full Metal Panic!
Karas
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
RahXephon aka Eva v.2
Akagi
Bokurano
Ghost Hound
Serial Experiments Lain

Ruyo
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Ruyo

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:22 pm

After Starting D.Gray-man I have to admit I like it a lot and am looking forward to seeing how it all ends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:36 am

So I've started Serial Experiment Lain, and have Elfen Lied waiting to be watched after it..

Anyhow, lain, watch the first 2 episodes and I'm going what the fuck is wrong with this little girl and the fact that everything thats happening seems pretty weird and unrelated...

so I talk to Ryan about it earlier and his suggestion is this "pretend you're tripping on LSD and it'll all make sense"

my unspoken reaction post-laughter... "of course it'll make sense. I'll be like I'm fucking high on drugs, this is all perfectly logical, sensible and tied together, especially compared to the monkeys dancing with the flaming leprechauns."

...and now I'm back to it, to see if that really works.

Update: It does somewhat work that way. Still one of the most abstract things I've ever seen in my life, but not an un-enjoyable series by any means.

And Elfen Lied...well it had my approval in the first 5 minutes. like 30 brutal murders in 5 minutes, I mean really, that's win. Finished it out, loved it, made of win. Who knew cute and brutality on of epic levels could go so well together...

More Update:

Just finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni....and holy shit. want to sell mind fuck. and an amazing one at that, well done I say. Very pleased with the show.

There are a few loose ends between the first question arc and the concluding arc, and about how the separate question and answer arcs may relate to the other corresponding question/answer arcs though, only draw back I have right now, but I think after some chit chat with Phil I can probably fill those in...

Definitely kept my interest up, with the first 2 arcs leaving me going "What the fuck" but wanting more so I could find out just what the fuck was up, lol. Well executed, good art, great music throughout, good characters, and some brutal and psychotic shit going on.

I give it a full 5 stars.

And yes, I took the time to learn its name. I was like...I can't just call it the series with a fucked up name anymore, it's just deserves more respect as a work of art than that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alveia
Alveia

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:57 am

Rei is fucking stupid, that's all I have to say about it so far. Preparing to go into "This show did not have an OVA, only 2 seasons" mode.

Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:30 pm

the first episode of the OVA is just meant to be a sexually oriented comedy about their club activities, a slice of life type deal, the second episode is back to the higurashi we know and love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alveia
Alveia

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Duali wrote:
the first episode of the OVA is just meant to be a sexually oriented comedy about their club activities, a slice of life type deal, the second episode is back to the higurashi we know and love.

My outrage was regarding the second episode.

Tyki
Tyki

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:49 pm

FMA2 4 u

Direct Downloads:

[Shinsen-Subs] (SD) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BAEW7PPF

[Shinsen-Subs] (HD) http://www.zomgupload.com/g9sb2v4752r9.html
[Shinsen-Subs] (HD) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=58WKUQD0

[gSS] http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1E3YK6TC

Alveia
Alveia

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Nice, thanks Phil.

Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:03 am

So I finished GTO and I recommend it to anyone. There really is something for everyone in it, and its fucking hilarious throughout. It's one of those shows you can't really explain, you just have to experience it for yourself, which is pretty much what Phil told me when he suggested it to me. Go. Watch. Noaw. Kthx.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 5:09 am

Good god Phil, why didn't you tell me Clannad was an emotional rollercoaster. Watching it is the first time I've watered up in years, let alone cried, and from a show no less! But...it's really hard to stop, it's a beautiful heart-wrenching show...

I'm going to have to be extra angry for like three moths to get all this soft hearted shit out of my system again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

New Animes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Animes?   New Animes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Animes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Have a Tabard :: Public Forums :: General Chat-
Jump to: