We Have a Tabard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rika Drawing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Rika Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Rika Drawing   Rika Drawing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:23 am

Phil wanted to see it, so here it is.

You need to do a horizontal flip though because holding up to my laptop to take the picture caused it to be backwards like holding it to a mirror would.

The second one is closer up of the eyes so you can see how badly i screwed up on them, rofl.

Not the best quality but it'll do.

Rika Drawing Rika1ey0

Rika Drawing Photo2th2
Back to top Go down
Akaldama
Nobility
Nobility
Akaldama

Rika Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rika Drawing   Rika Drawing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Thats pretty sweet man. Im an artist of sorts myself Wink I have a whole portfolio to browse through. I should make a post some day
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/thevitruvian
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Rika Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rika Drawing   Rika Drawing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:09 am

I've decided that my next one will be Nagisa. I could never find a good picture of Revy from Black Lagoon so I scrapped it and went with Nagisa, which I could find plenty of great, high quality, pictures to use as references. I did most of the outline tonight. Some of the hair outline and the facial features outline left to do though. I'll probably do it light instead of shade-heavy like I did Rika. It'll make my life easier and probably a better drawing.

Phil, if you happen to have a really good picture of Shion/Mion I'd like to do one of them too. It'd be even better if its the epic pose from my avatar, but I can't find a big enough picture to do it with any kind of good quality.
Back to top Go down
Tyki
Tyki

Rika Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rika Drawing   Rika Drawing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Nagisa next!?!! wtb wtb!

I'll see what I can do about a Shion/Mion pic, but I don't think it will be easy, haven't run across one before.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/pstunner
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Rika Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rika Drawing   Rika Drawing Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:57 am

Now presenting my attempt at Nagisa Furukawa!

I tried some different style stuff, such as cutting down the number of shades I used (doing more than 3 shades with one color of pencil is really, really fucking hard on my hands and eyes.), shading styles, line thickness, and angle I worked from.

I'm not sure how it stacks up to my Rika, but Rika was much simpler overall except for the eyes, while Nagisa was a much more detailed character that I tried to cut down in trying with different styles. In its own way I feel its passable, or I'd be like project scrapped.

Also, again remember my webcam takes pictures backwards, so it should go right to left, not left to right.

So here it is...

Rika Drawing Photo5h

Rika Drawing Photo6y

Also, I cleaned up the outline of the face some after this. It was off a bit (got distorted in the process of darkening the lineart. Became too sharp instead of a nice flowing curve like it started out.), but I'm too lazy to take more pictures and upload.

You also can't see the shading under the hair or along the side of the face/neck in these. My camera won't pick it up. It's one of the new things I tried, basically a smear method, lol. I took some of the heavily leaded areas and ran my finger through it to pick some of it up, then used my finger to shade those areas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rika Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rika Drawing   Rika Drawing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rika Drawing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Have a Tabard :: Public Forums :: General Chat-
Jump to: