We Have a Tabard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3.1 planned talent specs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alveia
Alveia

3.1 planned talent specs Empty
PostSubject: 3.1 planned talent specs   3.1 planned talent specs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:00 am

With the latest build I am looking at something like this.

Pretty similar to what I have right now, honestly at this point I don't know where my threat will stand. It's hard to do the math on all of this.

Scourge Strike was made to do more damage via diseases.
But then it was nerfed.
But it gets buffed by Outbreak now. Net gain? No clue.
Impurity was nerfed, but this should only affect my AoE threat, which is hardly in jeopardy at the moment.
Tree trimming allows me to get 2h spec, 4% more damage to all my melee hits and strikes.
Blood Strike got buffed, sort of.
The new Unholy Blight glyph will have me renewing it only every 3rd rotation, allowing more Rune Strikes and Death Coil.

Overall I think my threat will go up, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I also plan to pick up Gargoyle, at least right now, as the change to the amount of RP it drains makes it viable as a tank without it sucking me dry of RP. (3 RP/sec is next to nothing) and in DPS dependant fights could be really nice.

Discuss / post your specs.
Back to top Go down
Tyki
Tyki

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 planned talent specs   3.1 planned talent specs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:43 am

Mine will look like this!

Won't have to worry about that stupid 4 second cooldown on Power Word: Shield anymore.
Added the 3% damage reduction to Renewed Hope and made it raid wide when I cast PW:S on anyone.
Grace now gives me 9% extra healing on my target compared to the old 6%.
New rapture sucks for me but will be nice for everyone else.
With talents and the glyph my penance will only have a 6.2 second cooldown, that will be really nice for when things get rough.
Divine Aegis will stack now, up to 10K absorption instead of just overwriting every time I crit.
Flash heals will be 15% cheaper then before and have a 10% higher crit rate on targets below 50%. Go go crit.

I like a lot of the changes, more pew pew shooting lazorz in ur faec with the new glyph, more flash heal crits, stacking bubbles are sexy.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/pstunner
Cnorris
Cnorris

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 planned talent specs   3.1 planned talent specs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:25 pm

My Build is fairly straightforward and just about the same since they havent changed much to mages. however i did swap out slow for spirit since they are actually giving us a reason to have it now. Here!

Edit: Wow! on the ptr Dual specs is amazing. if they have it the exact same as it is right now. you just hit activate these talents anywhere and you just go down to 0 mana and thats it. could be very nice for swapping healers/tanks/etch for fights
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 planned talent specs   3.1 planned talent specs Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Cnorris wrote:
My Build is fairly straightforward and just about the same since they havent changed much to mages. however i did swap out slow for spirit since they are actually giving us a reason to have it now. Here!

Edit: Wow! on the ptr Dual specs is amazing. if they have it the exact same as it is right now. you just hit activate these talents anywhere and you just go down to 0 mana and thats it. could be very nice for swapping healers/tanks/etch for fights

It would be nice if there were a way to drop a point from your hit talent and put it into Student of the Mind for 3/3. Guess there's really nowhere you can take it out of though, too bad. Are you going to get dual spec for your mage, and if so what will be your 2nd spec?
Back to top Go down
Cnorris
Cnorris

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 planned talent specs   3.1 planned talent specs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:19 am

Alveia wrote:
Cnorris wrote:

It would be nice if there were a way to drop a point from your hit talent and put it into Student of the Mind for 3/3. Guess there's really nowhere you can take it out of though, too bad. Are you going to get dual spec for your mage, and if so what will be your 2nd spec?

Yeah i was looking at that and already got rid of slow and the AoE slow talent. i might be able to squeeze another talent out somewhere. and not really sure for a 2nd spec as of now. might be fire but unsure
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 planned talent specs   3.1 planned talent specs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:13 pm

What'd be cool is a survival-based build for any fights where you might have to kite, or tank, like the few that were in TBC. Pick up reduced dmg talents, resistance talents, stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Cnorris
Cnorris

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 planned talent specs   3.1 planned talent specs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:57 pm

Alveia wrote:
What'd be cool is a survival-based build for any fights where you might have to kite, or tank, like the few that were in TBC. Pick up reduced dmg talents, resistance talents, stuff like that.

Definatly not a bad idea. kinda like a slow spec. frost/something
Back to top Go down
Sarka
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sarka

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 planned talent specs   3.1 planned talent specs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Here's Mine!

I don't think it's any different at all haha

I took glyph of nourish because I'm not sure if I'm getting that to replace my set bonus after I upgrade my t7, or glyph of rejuv. I'll know after I've personally healed Ulduar so I can see if they're pushing Nourish on us for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.1 planned talent specs   3.1 planned talent specs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.1 planned talent specs
Page 1 of 1