We Have a Tabard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live Action

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:10 pm

After the epic fail that was Dragonball Evolution, I was wondering how you guys feel about the Live Action Cowboy Bebop thats apparently in the works.

Keaunu Reeves is supposedly playing Spike? Terrible, terrible pick IMO, but apparently his determination is what ended up pushing the deal through.

From what I read, the studios and author of the anime are having a pretty close hand in it and can turn down any script and probably further ideas down the production road. So knowing that the anime's studio and author will be having such a big hand in it, I think it might turn out much like Ghost Rider: an awesome movie that could be more awesome if the main actor didn't suck.

(God Nicholas Cage sucks so bad in every movie except Lord of War. Somehow, that role fit his bland poor acting persona.)
Back to top Go down
Tyki
Tyki

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Looks like they are going to be making a bunch of anime live actions in the future. Another Blood+, talk of another Death Note, few others I know of.

I remembered reading about a LA Bebop a while ago. From what I read I really like the idea of Keanu Reeves playing Spike. Apparently he is a huge fan of Cowboy Bebop, so he would know how to properly portray the character while being true to Spikes awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/pstunner
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Yeah him being a big fan is what helped get the deal push through.

But he's just like Nicholas Cage to me, no matter how big of a fan he is, it just can't make up for his lack of acting skill.

For example, The Matrix was good. With a real actor, it would've been fucking amazing.
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:53 am

That role was written to be exactly how he played it, so it worked fine really. If a role is written to his personality it works, but he can't actually act, and fill out a different role.
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:27 am

Blood: The Last Vampire
Back to top Go down
Tyki
Tyki

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:25 am

^Old

Looks kind of meh but I will still watch it because Saya is alright. Would be better if they put Haji in it, Haji is win. I would have liked to see a better picture of a Chiropteran, not just a tiny part of a mouth.
Back to top Go down
Alveia
Alveia

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:31 am

I just found it when I was browsing Youtube last night. I found a ton of stuff out about The Last Airbender in the process.

First off, M. Night is doing 3 films, one for each book, so there goes ANY worry if it being crammed. Also, filming for Book 1: Water is already finished, apparently post-production (CGI and editing) takes 10 months! Which is why it isn't coming out until next summer.

The company doing the CGI work is Industrial Light and Magic, probably the most renowned companies in this field; they've done Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, and many others, so you know this is going to be perfect.

The whole process is sadly going to span 6 years M. Night said in an interview, because he's working with post-production teams right now, then he'll write the Book 2 script, then film, and so on. While it's a good thing he's doing this with so much care, I want my movies faster!

Also there's pictures of all the characters in costume now and they look great.

Sokka
Live Action Jackson-rathbone-sokka-last-airbender1

Katara
Live Action Katara-avatar-the-last-airbender-7109245-229-339

Aang
Live Action Last_airbender_aang_photo

Zuko
Live Action Last_airbender_zuko_photo
Live Action The_last_airbender_zuko

And lastly there is this "promo poster" which is apparently fan-made, but the pictures are legit. The bottom right is an unknown earthbender, but given that the city appears to be Omashu, people are thinking it's King Boomie.

Live Action Tla_viacompromo-med
Back to top Go down
Tyki
Tyki

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Wow those characters look amazing, exactly how they should. I'm impressed. 3 movies you say? It keeps getting better and better.
Back to top Go down
Duali
Serene Highness
Serene Highness
Duali

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Well I'm glad to see he's doing this right it looks like. I was really worried cause his movies are pretty hit or miss, it's looking like he's definitely going for hit with these though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Live Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live Action   Live Action Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live Action
Page 1 of 1