We Have a Tabard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I can't belive.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vicious Black
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Vicious Black

I can't belive. Empty
PostSubject: I can't belive.   I can't belive. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:43 am

That some people are this stupid.

Quote :
Me: “Thank you for calling [TV Company], how may I help you?”

Customer: “Yes, my TV is broken.”

Me: “I’ll be glad to help you today. What is wrong with your TV?”

Customer: “The picture keeps flashing on and off.”

Me: “Okay, ma’am. Can I have you check the connections on the back of your TV to make sure everything is screwed in tightly?”

Customer: “Well, the lights in my house are flashing on and off too. We’re in a tornado warning. Do you think that has something to do with it?”

http://notalwaysright.com

Alot of these people just make me want to facepalm.
Back to top Go down
Melstrom
Melstrom

I can't belive. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can't belive.   I can't belive. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:10 am

Believe it...
When I first started working in IT I had a job at a computer store where we assembled machines to order. The most common support call on new machines went like this:

Me: Technical Support, how can I help you today?
Customer: The computer I just bought from you won't come on
Me: (Standard reply that we worked out after the first 20 or so calls like this) Okay, on the right side of the computer, back near the big red on/off switch, next to where the power cable plugs in there is a fan, can you feel any air moving from it?
Customer: Uh, its working now (or Damn, you mean I have to plug this thing in?)
Me: No problem, thanks for calling.....

99% of the "It won't come on" calls were because the customer hadn't plugged the computer in.

The common one on the first laptops was "it ran for about 2 hours then just died and hasn't come on again. We normally charged up laptops before the customer picked them up. A suprising number thought it just ran off batteries and that you never had to plug it in an outlet....guess they just magically recharge themselves.....

This kind of crap is exactly why most of the Systems Admins I work with say that if we could just get rid of the users our lives would be so much simpler....lol
Back to top Go down
mossylawn
Commoner
Commoner

I can't belive. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can't belive.   I can't belive. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:27 am

In one of my classes this semester, the professor uses a laptop that's connected to a projector screen. One day, the mouse he was using suddenly went haywire -- when he wanted the cursor to move left, it went right; when he wanted it to move right, it went left. He struggled heroically for quite a bit before one of my classmates asked to take a look at the laptop.

The classmate went up to the podium, peered at the mouse, and then

turned the mouse around and returned to his seat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I can't belive. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can't belive.   I can't belive. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can't belive.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Have a Tabard :: Public Forums :: General Chat-
Jump to: